For The Base:
160 grams graham crackers or similar biscuits
1/3 cup melted butter
750 grams cream cheese
150 grams sugar
1 1/3 cups whipping cream
50 grams cornstarch
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate layer:
150 grams melted dark chocolate
You will need a springform pan (22-23 cm in diameter)
1. Preheat oven to 150C.
2. Prepare your pan by double-wrapping it in aluminum foil (to avoid water seeping in when baking)
3. Combine the broken up crackers and butter, pour into the springform and use a spoon or the bottom of a glass to firmly pack the base into the form.
4. Bake the base in the oven for 10 minutes.
5. In the meantime, beat cream cheese until smooth. Then add the sugar and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
6. Add eggs one at a time.
7. Add whipping cream and beat for 3-4 minutes of until mixture is thick.
8. Stir in cornstarch and mix well.
9. When the base is out of the oven and cooled slightly, pour half the cheesecake filling in.
10. Bake at 150C for 40 minutes water-bath method.
11. While this is baking, melt the chocolate and add it to the remaining mixture.
12. After 40 minutes, add the chocolate half of the cheesecake filling on top and bake for an additional 40 minutes water-bath method.
13. Afterward, switch off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside for half an hour with the door of the oven cracked open.
14. Let the cake cool completely before putting it in the fridge.