For the base
1/2 cup of walnuts
1/2 cup of almonds
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup dried figs
1/4 cup dried apricots
1/4 dried cranberries
2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
For The Cashew Cream
1/2 cup cashews (that have been soaked in water overnight)
1/2 cup cashew milk
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
3 tablespoons agave syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
fresh figs to slice and decorate
- Add all the ingredients for the base in a food processor and let it do its’ job until mixture sticks together when pressed together. (Think energy-ball consistency!)
- Put the mixture in a pan, lined with plastic wrap (I used my brownie pan) and press it down using either your hands, a spatula or the bottom of a glass (as long as it is flat).
- Put the base in the freezer to set.
- Add the soaked cashews in the food processor and process for 2-3 minutes.
- While the processor is still running, add the cashew milk, coconut, agave syrup and vanilla extract. Stop when the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Take out the fig base from the freezer and evenly distribute the cream on top.
- Return to freezer for a couple of hours for the cream to also set.
- Slice up fresh figs and decorate your masterpiece.
- Make sure to give the dessert at least 20 minutes to defrost before serving.